Genius® Radiofrequency Microneedling
Genius® Radiofrequency Microneedling “Genius®” is a minimally invasive microneedling treatment augmented with targeted, highly customized radiofrequency that stimulates the natural production of collagen. Developed with ultra-intelligent RF technology, Genius® gives your practitioner real-time feedback during the treatment. This feature helps ensure optimal treatment techniques for enhanced results. Genius® can effectively diminish the appearance of acne scars, decrease the appearance of skin laxity, decrease the appearance of wrinkling, decrease the uneven pigment found in melasma with a vascular component, and improve overall skin tone and texture. Genius® can be used to tighten and tone the face, neck, and body. It is safe for all skin types.
An initial series of 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart is recommended for best results. An annual maintenance treatment is also recommended for longer-lasting results.
Adding Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) to your Genius® treatment can help improve the rate of healing time and accelerate the treatment results. PRP is highly recommended for acne scarring treatment. Subcision can be done to break up scar tissue. PRP can also be injected into specific trouble areas to help reduce the prominence of scars, wrinkles, sun damage, and dark circles.
How does Genius® compare to other microneedling options?
Genius® Radiofrequency Microneedling:
This treatment integrates the added benefit of intelligent radiofrequency for lifting/tightening. This feature prevents over and undertreatment of your skin issues and works well on patients with darker skin and some kinds of melasma. It is preferred for 40+ patients.
This is the best microneedling treatment option for significant acne scarring and patients unable to accommodate 1-3 days of downtime.
VIVACE EXPERIENCE® or Vivace:
This treatment integrates the added benefit of radiofrequency for lifting/tightening but is not recommended for patients with melasma or a dark skin tone.
- Avoid natural sun exposure and tanning beds for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid self-tanner, spray tan, or any lotions that contain gradual tanners for two weeks prior to treatment.
- To decrease the risk of bruising, we recommend avoiding the following for three days before your treatment (unless medically contraindicated):
- Alcoholic beverages
- NSAIDs (Advil/ibuprofen/aspirin)
- Herbal supplements: Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, Garlic, Ginkgo, Ginseng
- Any supplements or medication that increases the chances of blood thinning
- If you have a history of cold sores, you should plan to pre-treat with anti-viral (Valtrex) before your Genius® procedure.
- Arrive at the office with the treatment area clean and free of make-up, lotions, creams, or products before treatment.
Genius® Radiofrequency Microneedling Benefits:
- Minimal downtime
- Tightening and subtle lifting of the skin from the added use of radiofrequency
- Promotes collagen regeneration
- Provides real-time feedback on your skin for a highly customized treatment
Best candidates for treatment:
- Patients with melasma and uneven pigmentation. However, results are often unpredictable with any treatments aimed at reducing melasma. With melasma, we recommend a holistic approach that uses broad-spectrum mineral SPF, topical Vitamin C, and Retinol. Patients are advised that no results are guaranteed.
- Patients with darker Fitzpatrick Skin Types (IV, V, & VI)
- Patients with static lines & wrinkles.
- Patients with thinning under-eye skin.
- Patients with acne scarring.
- Patients in need of collagen stimulation.
- Patients with skin laxity.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Medical grade skincare regime
- BBL™ (BROADBAND LIGHT) / BBL HERO™ by Sciton
- HALO™ – Hybrid Fractional Laser (HFL) by Sciton
- Dermal Fillers
- Neurotoxin (BOTOX®, XEOMIN®, Dysport®)